Over the past year, I’ve highlighted several different entrepreneurs on the blog. There is a special admiration that I have for anyone who’s had a vision, written the vision, and has made a blueprint of how they wish to carry out their dreams. I truly admire those people.
What I do not admire is how people like to try to force entrepreneurship onto others. Honestly, nothing bothers me more than hearing someone say work for yourself and not for someone else. Reason being? It doesn’t work that way for everyone. Continue reading
As you all know I’m always eager to highlight up and coming Entrepreneur’s around the world to my readers. With that being said, this months Entrepreneur Spritzer is all about the new book, TheFace of Expression by Aaron Woodson. If you’re not familiar with my Spritzer you can get caught up HERE!!
5 reason why you most certainly need to grab a hold of this book:
1. It’s a book of short expressions: This makes it easier to read and easier to keep up with especially if you live a busy life. You don’t need to remember certain characters or plots in order to enjoy this book–a few short stories before bed is perfect.
2. It’s relatable: One could easily find at least two or three stories to relate to while reading this book, if not more. This book also give you a little bit of poetry, a little bit of truth, a little bit of exploration, a little bit of wonder, a little bit of fiction, and a whole lot of non-fiction, cultural experiences, and self-awareness. Everyone should be able to relate.
3. It provides confirmation: Confirmation that some of the same expressions that the author highlights in this book are the SAME expressions I have also had throughout life. It lets me know that I’m not the only one thinking these things and it’s ok! In short, it confirms that the “little party” going on in my head is normal.
4. It takes you on a journey: A journey through life and a journey through a mans point of view or perspective which is something that we don’t always get the privilege of seeing. I truly love when a man is able to be vulnerable and is able to express his vulnerability in a way that also shows how masculine he is. Kudos to you!
5. It’s easy to judge a book by its cover: Lastly, you should read this book because the cover of the book had me second guessing myself. I thought I was in for some kind of dark-mystery book and once I opened the book a light bulb went off! Ahhh….expressions! Thoughts! Journaling! Inspirations! While the cover didn’t connect with me at first…if you’re like me and sometimes judge books by its cover…then you should ignore the cover and grab this book because you’re in for a nice surprise.
Another great thing about The Face of Expression is that it can be purchased through Amazon and for your convenience I have provided a quick link HERE for my readers.
This post may contain affiliated links but all opinions are of my own!
Buttery soft leggings! Where have you been all my life? I’m finding myself wearing these LuLaRoe leggings more and more throughout the week. I wish you could feel the softness of these leggings through this blog. If you are not familiar with LuLaRoe it is a direct sales company and a great way to support entrepreneurs who may live within your community. Continue reading
First, let me say Happy #MLKDay. Because of his activism during the Civil Rights movement we will forever be indebted to Dr. King. His legacy shall continue to live on as his words and messages are still necessary today. Thank you, Martin Luther King, Jr. Continue reading
Dear Readers, Followers, and those who peep in from time to time:
I just want to say Thank You for joining me on this great adventure. I can’t tell you how much I’ve enjoyed communicating with you via my blog since I started this journey. It has been the best outlet a girl could have. Within a short period of time I’ve posted 31 blogs (feel free to catch up if you’re behind) and I still have so much to share with you.
Here is a snippet of what to look forward to for 2018:
More blogs about everyday life and situations
Podcast reviews: The first being Parameters Live event. Be sure to watch for that early January.
Entrepreneur Spritzers: If you’re an entrepreneur and would like a feature–I’m your girl. Refer to the form for entrepreneurs in the menu section.
Monthly Do’s and Don’ts: I’m collaborating with a good friend on these and they will be a lot of fun.
Daily Prompts responses
More blogs based off of your request–So be sure to send any request to me.
And a lot more!!!!!!
So, lets get COZY and start reading. Your cozy can be wherever you like it to be. For me, coziness is under the covers and sipping Hot Tea. If only I had a fireplace….that would be so “lit” (pun intended)! For you, it may be sneaking to read while you’re at work. Or on the couch or perhaps in your favorite recliner. You can also be cozy on the beach under an umbrella while listening to the waves. No matter where you are or what you’re doing, feel free to get cozy with me in 2018.
As always, if you enjoy what you’re reading, be sure to subscribe! Feel free to comment and SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!
Thanks for tuning in to IToja,
via Daily Prompt: Cozy
Checking goals off their list is probably one of the few things this power couple does best. After years of contributing valuable time into the corporate world, they both wanted to start a new adventure. They had other dreams to accomplish and many more goals to eventually check off the list. Find out how and why a married couple decided to split ways with their then “normal” careers and step out on faith to begin a new “normal” way of living. Continue reading